Hamilton Robertson Insurance Brokers Limited purchased C & A Mackie Insurance Consultants Limited assets, intellectual property and certain other rights on 23/09/16.
We are continuing to trade as C & A Mackie Insurance as this is a very successful and recognised brand within the driving instructor and driving schools industry, and for stability and minimum client upset and/or subsequent potential loss of business, we are retaining the same staff, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and website. We will also retain the C & A Mackie logo as the brand has been built over the last 26 years and is a recognised insurance consultant providing insurance schemes for driving instructors throughout the United Kingdom. Currently we have thousands of Driving Instructor live policies in place generating large premiums.
From 28/09/16 the operation traded from our newly extended and refurbished offices in Kirkintilloch and the C & A Mackie people are supported by and have been integrated into our existing team.
We plan to maintain and develop the C & A Mackie core business of Driving Instructor policies and have expansion plans to execute over the next 36 months. Currently there are over 39,000 Driving Instructors registered in the UK.
Furthermore, The Mackies book of Driving Instructors Motor Insurance is always very profitable and never has a claims ratio of above 50%. This is down to a number of factors as follows:
- The accidents driving instructors have tend to be low impact collisions with many being rear end shunts with recoveries being made from third party insurers.
- Strict control of rating criteria by our Underwriting team across our panel of insurers. They calculate the premiums and then hand over to our sales team to quote to clients. Even as we expand no quotes will be given to clients prior to sign off/supervision by our experienced underwriters. They ensure the correct rate is charged for each risk.
- Robust Claims Management System in place. System is anchored by our partner Easi Drive Accident Management who are responsible for FNOL, Credit repair on non fault accidents and assist client with own insurer if fault accident. We have proven partners in place within this CMS such as:
- Drive Car Hire Limited – Supply all our clients with dual control vehicle in the event of an accident regardless of fault or non fault.
- Corries Solicitors – Providing recovery services to our clients such as personal injury and recovery of uninsured losses such as excess, temporary additional vehicle charges, loss of wages.
Managing director Alex Hamilton (pictured) said “this is a fantastic addition to our already successful and established firm of Chartered Insurance Brokers, and with our strong p and l account and 35 years of trading and continual expansion we can give full resource support to the Mackies division within our organisation.
“I would like to personally thank all the loyal clients from C & A Mackie Insurance and especially give recognition to the staff from C & A Mackie who have been the real stars during the integration of their business into ours, I am sure they would love to hear from you.”
Should you wish to discuss your insurance requirements, please contact us anytime.